Ever wonder which drink satisfies the taste buds of the President of the United States? Apparently, it's Honest Tea, if a blog by Seth Goldman (president of the company that produces the drink) is to be believed.
What's cooler is that Filipinos can now enjoy this exciting drink, as Tan & Tan Mega Innovations Inc (TTMI). starts importing the product from the USA and distributing it (see contact details below) around Metro Manila.
Because Honest Tea is made of organic ingredients, it has several health benefits, according to Jasslyn Tan of TTMI. Here are some of them:
- Loaded with antioxidants: Honest Tea has antioxidant levels that are as high, or higher than brewed tea leaves because we use real tea leaves. All of our green teas have between 150 and 250mg of Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG), a key antioxidant found in green and white tea.
- Practice of fair trade: Honest Tea is committed to the well-being of the people along the supply chain who help grow and pick ingredients. In 2003, Honest Tea became the first to make a Fair Trade Certified™ bottled tea.
- Use of less sugar: Honest Tea and Honest Ade contain 100 calories per 500ml bottle, while Honest Kids contain 40 calories per 200 ml dink pouches. Our beverages are either unsweetened or use much smaller amounts of sugar, honey, or agave syrup than most other bottled products. In fact, Honest Tea was created because there was a need for a less sweet, real tea beverage.
- Organic certification: All Honest Tea products are certified as meeting the USDA's organic standards. This means that our beverages and tea bags are produced without antibiotics, pesticides, irradiation or bioengineering. All Honest Tea products are USDA Organic, Gluten Free and does not contain GMOs.
- Environment-friendly packaging: Our PET bottles are fully recyclable (PETE 1), Phthalates free. They do not leach and require less energy to produce and ship. Additionally, they are not made with the chemical Bisphenol A (BPA). The same is true for our Honest Kids' drink pouches.
"So far, the response has been great! We actually thought some people may find the drinks to be on the bland side at first. But they actually appreciate the natural tastes of Honest Tea and Honest Ade," said Tan.
People were surprised to find the drinks refreshing and flavorful without the unnecessary calories and sugars found from sodas and other juice drinks, said Tan. "A lot of Moms love Honest Kids because they can let their kids enjoy juice drinks without having to worry about too much sugar and calories. Kids love reading the cute quotes from the cool and colorful packaging of Honest Kids."
Honest Tea comes in these flavors: Sweet Tea, Honey Green Tea, Half & Half, Peach White Tea, Honest Ade Range, Orange Mango with Mangosteen, Cranberry Lemonade, Pomegranate Blue, Superfruit Punch with Yumberry/Goji.
There's also the Honest Kids Range: Goodness Grapeness, Tropical Tango Punch, Berry Berry Good Lemonade, Appley Ever After
Here's how to place an order: TTMI delivers for free within Metro Manila for a minimum order of P1,500 of any assorted flavors and variants. Delivery charge of P200 applies for orders less than P1,500. Call 913-4691 or e-mail email@example.com to order. (PS: Unfortunately, TTMI does not ship to provincial areas at the moment). For more inf, visit www.honesttea.com/